The need for Balance in an ever changing world.
Tai Chi Chuan (taijiqian) means “Yin-Yang Fist” and aims to embody Yin-Yang principles at all levels – physical, emotional, mental, energetic and spiritual. When you flow with Life, you harmonize the “opposites”.
Weekly Tai Chi, Qigong, Meditation, and Ba Gua Classes - Drop in or join anytime!
See what you can learn in as little as 8 weeks! Classes for all levels. Drop in or join anytime!
- 8 Week Introductory Tai Chi Chuan Beginner Classes: New Sessions begin first Wednesday and Saturday of each month
- Shiba Luohan Gong "Eighteen Immortals Qigong": September 9 - October 28
- REJUVENATE with gentle Tai Chi stretching, wuji posture, weight-shifting and slow meditative walking - Thursdays, August 8-29.
- Senior Tai Chi Fitness: Prevent Falling; Build Bone Strength; Stay on Target: Seniors 65+, Special Price For Seniors, Wednesdays, September 4 - 25.
September 22: Back To Basics - 10:00am - 12:00noon; Advanced Tai Chi Workshop - 1pm to 3pm
Rent Our Space
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rental information.
The Tai Chi and Meditation Centre (TCMC) was founded by Shifu Andy James (Wu Andao), who in 1984 gave up being a Chartered Accountant to become a fulltime teacher of Mindfulness-Vipassana meditation, Tai Chi Chuan, the Chinese “internal” martial arts, Qigong, Enneagram of Personality and more. His intent was to provide comprehensive mind-body-spirit tools for robust health, individual transformation of consciousness and “real”, positive life changes (Power of Balance). He wanted to help reintroduce the traditional Chinese “internal arts” (neijia) aspiration of embodying the Warrior, Healer, Scholar and Sage.
Shifu James has learned from world-renowned teachers including Miss Rose Li (taijiquan, baguazhang, xingyiquan), Dhiravamsa (Mindfulness-Vipassana meditation and Buddhism), Prof. Jerry Alan Johnson (Qigong and baguazhang) and has collaborated with other esteemed teachers (see Lineage etc). TCMC students have won many medals in national and international competitions in Canada and the USA (see details). TCMC has for decades been covered by local and national media in Canada. At present, we also have accredited teachers in the UK and Portugal.Read more
- Check out Harmony Dawn for the latest retreat information.
Kyree Fisher Canadian Film Centre
Susan Toews Wellness and Lifestyle Management, at Centennial College
Gretchen Kerr Associate Dean, University of Toronto
Michael Schwartz Assoc Prof, Augusta State University