Tai Chi and Meditation Centre Safety Guidelines during COVID-19
As we welcome you back, the health and safety of our participants is of utmost importance.
Please read the following guidelines to ensure the comfort and safety of everyone.
Changes to classes, times, prices and sizes:
- We will now require reservation bookings for each class and payment online, in advance, in order to maintain the class sizes and limit contact. We regret that class cards will be suspended. If you have unused classes on your cards they will be honoured when the pandemic is over.
- A one hour class will include time to allow for safe entry and exits of participants between classes.
- Maximum people per class will be limited to ensure you are able to social distance.
- Drop-ins will only be accepted if a class reservation space is not filled. Onsite payments for drop-ins will be required by credit or debit onsite. Cash is no longer accepted for classes.
- Updated information along with class schedule will be available online at www.powerofbalance.com or by phone 416-465-6122. Please leave a message and allow 2 days for returning phone messages. No text please.
Participants will be required to:
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before class start time and wait outside until there is adequate space for you to distance at reception.
- Show instructor proof of full vaccination and government photo identification. Click here to read our Vaccination Policy
- Fill out a registration form, along with a declaration and waiver and agree to maintain this status as long as it is required by law. You agree to abide by all requests made by the instructors.
Download the waiver here.
- Provide contact information that may be used to contact trace if necessary.
- Hand sanitize at front door upon entry and take all belongings to the change room with exception of valuables that can be kept in studio.
- Bring a mask. Face coverings are mandatory indoors. If you arrive without one, a disposable mask will be available for purchase on site for $2.00 each exact cash, no change provided. We recommend you bring your own. We cannot accommodate unmasked patrons at this time due to the significant risk of virus transmission indoors without a mask. Classes will be modified to ensure they are low level intensity.
- Come dressed for class to limit time in the change area. One person only permitted at a time. Hang coats on the provided hooks, place packs on bench without contacting other items.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after touching chairs, pens, doors etc. or any common items within the studio. It is recommended you bring your own sanitizers if possible.
- Refrain from contact with others and avoid touching surfaces.
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
In the studio:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Maximum number of persons are restricted to guarantee distancing as per public health regulations at the time.
- The instructor will insure safe social distancing and monitoring of guest’s safety. All high touch surfaces will be sanitized between each class.
- Information posters will be placed around building about handwashing, physical distancing, face coverings and hygiene etiquette as reminders.
- During classes the doors will be locked to avoid walk in entries.